Saturday, April 14, 2012

LAUGHTER AMBASSADOR APPEARS AS A JOB TITLE IN PARADE MAGAZINE


See a familiar face on this preview shot of the cover of Parade Magazine for April 15, 2012? That's right, it's me! 

Eleven years ago, an LA-based photographer for Parade was looking for a pastor willing to be in the annual What People Earn issue.  A mutual friend suggested me and at that time, I was just young and naive enough to be willing to admit my age and salary. So I agreed and was included.

Well, this year Parade Magazine contacted me again asking if I'd be willing to be in their 30th anniversary issue. They were interested in how my job and salary had changed in the years since my first appearance. Back in 2001, I was a Lutheran pastor. Today, I am still a Lutheran pastor, but my ministry has expanded. I am also a Laughter Yoga Master Teacher, motivational speaker, artist, author, record producer, filmmaker and freelance writer. How could I possibly sum that all up in one short job title (which is all they would allow)? Finally, the editor and I decided to simply call me a "Laughter Ambassador." This is an honorary title, which was bestowed upon me by Laughter Club International a few years ago. I've taken that role seriously and have been spreading laughter around the globe. I think it does well at describing the diverse work that I do.

Best of all, this appearance in Parade Magazine will give laughter a plug. Yes, being a "Laughter Ambassador" is a real job. Ha ha! Who knew? I hope it will inspire others to do laughter work as well. We can never have enough ambassadors of laughter!

Oh, and by the way, I want to point out that the new photo was taken by my brilliant husband, William. 33 million copies of his photograph are being printed for this weekend. That's a pretty cool photo credit.



2 comments:

Sarah Kretz McDowell said...

You've paved the way for future Laughter Ambassadors! Congratulations!

Cjcshalom@gmail.com said...

The only aspect that hasn't changed is that amazing smile! Very good Very good. !!YAY!! Carolyn...